My Photo
Name:
Location: San Angelo, Texas

I'm a wife and a mom to 2 daughters and 1 son. I like to read, golf, and support my kids in all their activities.

Monday, June 8, 2009

The "Eye" Has Had IT!!!

The week before school was out Nolan was playing basketball in PE and took an elbow to the eye. He ended up with a HUGE black eye as you can see in this picture below. Please ignore the goofy face he is making. Ron had asked him to hug his sister at their FFA banquet and this is the face he made.
Yesterday afternoon he came running in the house saying that he had been stung by a wasp on his hand and somewhere near his eye. I could see the sting on his hand, but couldn't find any evidence of a sting around his eye. Ron finally found a small sting in his eyebrow. After a dose of benedryl and ice his eye finished swelling, or so we thought.

This is what it looked like this morning when he woke me up saying that his eye hurt. To say I was scared, is an understatement. We took him into our pediatrician this afternoon and he said that it was a matter of the location of the sting. Gave us some medicine and said that it could get even bigger for 48 hour after the sting. I don't think it can get any bigger.

Leave it to Nolan to do something weird!! Poor baby.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Oh my gosh! Poor baby!!!!

June 9, 2009 at 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home