My Photo
Name:
Location: San Angelo, Texas

I'm a wife and a mom to 2 daughters and 1 son. I like to read, golf, and support my kids in all their activities.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Our "New" Bedroom

After nearly 19 years of marriage Ron and I purchased new bedroom furniture a couple of months ago. It hasn't all come in, but I spent the weekend (Ron & Nolan went on a hunting trip) painting and re-decorating our room. Whitni came over early Saturday to help me. We spent all day painting the walls "Oatmeal." I am really proud of how it turned out.

I really am in love with my new bedding. I love red!! I found it in the 50% off area at Dillard's. My mom bought the bedspread for an early birthday gift for me & Ron. I found this cool wall art at Kohl's in Abilene when Mom, Whitni and I went to visit Camp & Cash (Shirla & Nicole, too). I had my heart set on the the saying "Always kiss me goodnight." But when Whitni found this one (Just one lifetime won't be enougth for us) it was one I hadn't seen before, so that made it perfect. I even had new pictures of everyone to put on my "picture wall". Whitni had made me this collage of engagement pictures for Christmas and we had family pictures made for our church's pictorial directory late last summer.

Whitni made me a really cool sign to put in the middle of them. We had gone shopping to find something and couldn't find one anywhere. So she went to Michaels for the paper and made it herself. Decorating on a budget can be really special.

Without Whitni's help I would still be painting. Thanks bunches Whit!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

What a lovely room!

April 26, 2009 at 7:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your room looks great. I love the words about the bed.

May 7, 2009 at 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home