My Photo
Name:
Location: San Angelo, Texas

I'm a wife and a mom to 2 daughters and 1 son. I like to read, golf, and support my kids in all their activities.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Tough Enough to Wear Pink

Last night at the Rodeo here is SA was a night dedicated to raising awareness and money for the fight against breast cancer. If you know anything about my family you know that is a cause close to my heart. My MawMaw was a 30 year survivor and my mom is a 5 year survivor. So when our Relay for Life got the chance to take part in the Rodeo last night several of us were glad to help out.

We sold-out of our pink ribbon bandanas at our booth in front of the coliseum. Here's a picture of a few of our team members wearin' pink.
During the rodeo performance we passed buckets for donations to the American Cancer Society here in SA. Let me tell you San Angelo came through. I noticed a $100 bill, a couple of $50s and a bunch of $20s, $10s, $5s & $1s in my bucket. There was a little boy about 4 years old that stood at the end of the isle I was walking down with a hand-full of dollar bills bunched in his hands. Thanks San Angelo for your generosity!! All the money collected will stay in the Concho Valley to help cancer patients.

1 Comments:

Blogger Whitni said...

Yeah...the kitchen cabinet. But don't think i didn't disinfect it when she was done!! :)

March 4, 2009 at 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home