My Photo
Name:
Location: San Angelo, Texas

I'm a wife and a mom to 2 daughters and 1 son. I like to read, golf, and support my kids in all their activities.

Monday, December 28, 2009

A Trip to the Ranch

The day after Christmas Ron, Karli and I decided to load up and head to our ranch. Karli hadn't been able to go with us so with her having the weekend off we decided to take advantage of the time off.
She and Ron went out night calling and it was VERY cold, so this is what Karli looked like before leaving the trailer. Kinda like a camo snowman.
The next morning she talked me into saddling up one of the horses for her to ride. She and Leo struck out to take a look at the fence lines. She hadn't riden in about 5+ years.

She came back all smiles....I guess the fence was still standing. ha ha
She then decided that momma needed to try riding Leo. I spent a good hour checking the world out from a familiar viewpoint. It's a view that I really enjoy and wish I had more opportunities to see. Looking at the world on horseback is something I've always enjoyed.
I haven't lost my touch. Leo and I had a blast together. It was a perfect day to take a ride. It was little cold, but the sun was shining and I had on plenty of clothes.
I left Leo at the barn with a good-bye snack. He was most appreciative of the handful of feed. Good Bye, Leo...Save me another ride for down the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home