My Photo
Name:
Location: San Angelo, Texas

I'm a wife and a mom to 2 daughters and 1 son. I like to read, golf, and support my kids in all their activities.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

December 4

One year ago today a very special person to me took flight to Jesus. I have missed her bunches. She had a special way with babies and taught me alot about how to care for my babies. She could answer any question I had about a recipe or could tell me how to make anything. One of my fondest memories was that on a Saturday before Christmas each year we (MawMaw, Mom and any of my aunts who were around) would make candy. Peanut Brittle, Peanut Patties, Pralines, and Fudge, the whole nine yards. It meant that Christmas was just around the corner. She didn't need a candy thermometer to tell her when it was done. She could look at it or put a small drop in a cold cup of water to see if it was ready.

This special person was my Mawmaw. My mother's mother...almost like my 2nd mother. She would smile when she told the story that when I was a little girl I was staying with my grandparents and I started calling her Mama and she changed it to Mawmaw.

I was truly blessed by God to be given both of my grandmothers. I have had a special relationship with each one AND I have been able to enjoy each of them for many years. There are not too many people that can say that they were in their 40's and was still able to spend time with their grandparents. I will spend today remembering and missing my MawMaw. I know without a doubt that she is in the presence of God!

Save me a spot, Mawmaw...I love you!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Stacey for the sweet words about mama. It was a bitter sweet day, knowing where she is and missing her here.
Love you
Shirla

December 10, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home