My Photo
Name:
Location: San Angelo, Texas

I'm a wife and a mom to 2 daughters and 1 son. I like to read, golf, and support my kids in all their activities.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Mother-of-the-Bride Nightmare

I have shared with several of my "mother-of-the-bride" friends (there are 4 of us with weddings within weeks of each other) that my fear was that I would not be able to find the right "mother-of-the-bride" dress. That I would be driving out of town to shop for my dress at the last minute.

During Chistmas break I found a dress that I liked. It wasn't perfect, it wasn't pink, but it was an okay style. After weighting all my likes and dislikes I decided that it was as close as I was going to come, so I bought it. After I bought it I checked that duty off my list and forgot all about the mother-of-the-bride dress.

This past Saturday I took my mother shopping to help her pick out her dress for the wedding. I walked into Dillard's and went straight to the "formal" section and there it was....my perfect "mother-of-the-bride" dress. It was even PINK. Both Whitni and my mom told me try it on, well I did, and it fit so well and looked so pretty. But what should I do....I already bought a dress, but I really like the pink one, but I already bought a dress. Decisions....Decisions. Okay, I'll take the other one back and I'll wear the pink one. Mom also found her perfect grandmother-of-the-bride dress (it's pink, too). So we are walking out of the store...when we walked through the shoes...there they were...the perfect shoes in PINK!!! I now have pink shoes to match my PERFECT pink mother-of-the-bride dress.

I have learned to not worry about nightmares. I not only have THE PERFECT dress and shoes to wear at my daughter's wedding, but I have a spare, until I take it back. Ron, my husband, just shook his head when I told him what I had done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home